Buy / Sell
Whether you are buying or selling a business, whether you are in Clearwater, Tampa, Sarasota, or Lakeland, FL, whether you need an agreement reviewed, an escrow agent for the deposit, or an attorney that can handle the entire transaction … Dowd Law is here to help! Need a consultation? Schedule an appointment online, or receive our Free Guide to Buying / Selling a Business in Florida.
Different types of business acquisitions:
- Asset purchase agreement
- Stock purchase agreement
- Equity purchase agreement
- Merger agreement
Each of these acquisition types have different advantages and disadvantages and the method you choose will usually be chosen to achieve a specific benefit.
Dowd Law provides representation of buyers and sellers for a flat fee, but also offers the option of representation at an hourly rate. We can represent either the buyer or seller, or just handle the transaction.
Representation of a buyer or seller can include:
- Legal advice and counsel
- Negotiating the sale
- Handle the due diligence requests
- Conduct lien and liability searches
- Prepare / review agreements, addendum and amendments
- Prepare all the closing documents
- Perform the closing
- Pay all the fees and taxes associated with the sale.
We also offer services that are common to the purchase or sale of a business on an a la cart basis.
A la carte items include:
- Conducting UCC and county lien searches
- Act as an escrow agent
- Review / draft
- Asset purchase agreements
- Stock purchase agreements
- Membership interest agreements
- Partnership agreements
- Merger agreements
- Bill of Sale
- Promissory Note
- Security agreement and UCC-1
- Quit claim deeds
- Corporate resolutions
- Lease agreements and assignments
No time to come into the office? Schedule a phone appointment!
The length of an appointment time is based on the service(s) you select. Most of the business services we offer are provided at a flat fee, and are included with the appointment.
Don’t see what you’re looking for, send us an email at Info@DowdLaw.com or call us at (813) 773-3529.